The purpose of Art Odyssey is to identify and meet the needs of talented students by providing consistent and continuing exposure and experience in the Arts, establishing a strategic method to careers in the Arts, and fostering a supportive environment for artists.
Art Odyssey is committed to identifying artistically gifted youth through multicultural in-school field trips and long-term programs, which expose students to art of many cultures and enhance the social studies curriculum.
Art Odyssey seeks to establish a series of courses taught by professional artists, where talented youth can hone their craft and develop partnerships with professional artists.
Art Odyssey serves as a community resource for teachers, parents, and young artists, offering career guidance, professional connections, and a viable thriving environment that celebrates all of the arts.
Art Odyssey supports the following research based premises:
Study in the Arts
- Leads to significant gains in ACT and other standardized test scores
- Improves verbal, math, reading and writing abilities
- Enhances critical thinking skills
- Enhances communication skills and professional potential
- Leads to greater success in school
- Increases students' self esteem
The President's Committee on Arts and Humanities